Botox is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures out there, and it is no surprise why. Not only does it help you look more youthful, but it can also be relatively quick and easy to administer.
But who is getting Botox? What age group is the most popular for this type of procedure? Today, we will look at the latest statistics and trends related to Botox and the most popular age group for the procedure.
Botox is a Popular Procedure Across Age Groups
Botox is a type of cosmetic procedure that involves the injection of a neurotoxin into the facial muscles. This neurotoxin is called botulinum toxin, and it temporarily blocks the nerve signals that cause muscle contractions. This results in a smoother and more youthful-looking appearance.
As of 2020, studies show that approximately 4,401,536 botulinum toxin A (Botox) procedures were performed, with roughly 4.1 million procedures being performed on women and 265,247 on males.
This report further breaks down the overall number of procedures done based on age group:
- 13-19 years old: 12,767 procedures
- 20-29 years old: 64,088 procedures
- 30-39 years old: 811,314 procedures
- 40-54 years old: 2,503,229 procedures
- 54-69 years old: 1,010,138 procedures
- 70+ years old: N/A due to lack of sufficient data
Based on this information, it looks like Botox is most popular among those 40-54, with women seeking treatment more often than men. However, both men and women across all age groups utilize the benefits of Botox.
Benefits of Botox
While Botox is known for its cosmetic benefits, its non-cosmetic benefits are just as impressive. Here is a look at a few of the benefits that can be achieved with Botox:
Cosmetic Benefits of Botox
Botox can provide various cosmetic benefits, with some of the most well-known, including reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and the appearance of crow’s feet.
However, Botox can also be used to correct asymmetry in the face and make the jawline appear more defined while also being used to help:
- Reduce the appearance of acne scars
- Reduce the appearance of crow’s feet and other fine lines around the eyes
- Improve the look of drooping brows
Finally, Botox can help create a softer and more natural look, which can benefit those who are self-conscious about their appearance.
Non-Cosmetic Benefits of Botox
While Botox has many known cosmetic benefits, its non-cosmetic benefits list is continuously expanding. As of 2020, Botox has been proven to be beneficial for those who suffer from the following:
- Abnormal head position and neck pain due to cervical dystonia in those 16+
- Particular types of eye muscle problems (strabismus) or abnormal eyelid spasms due to blepharospasm in those 12+
- Chronic headaches and migraines in those 18+
- Incontinence in those 18+
- Muscle stiffness with spasticity in those 2+
- Overactive bladder in those 18+
- Severe underarm sweating in those 18+
Safe and Effective Botox with Dr. Binder
Whether you are looking to reduce wrinkles or improve the appearance of scars, Botox can be a great choice. Botox can provide various cosmetic and non-cosmetic benefits to individuals of all ages. With Dr. Binder’s help, you can make the process of getting Botox simple, safe, and effective.
Think Botox can help you? Contact Dr. Binder’s office today and schedule your consultation.